CHICAGO BOOTH ACCELERATED DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM – INDIA
Location : New Delhi, Hong Kong & Chicago
Program Fee : USD 25,000
Phone (India) : +91 8587878713 / 14 / 15
Phone (USA) : +1-312-464-8732
Phone (UK) : +44-(0)20-7070-2229
As an executive ready to take that next step in your career, you need access to the latest thinking and tools to competitively position yourself and your business—for today and for the future. You also need to focus on daily operations of your function as well as ensure the viability of organization for the foreseeable future. How do you gain the critical insight you need without taking too much time away from work?
The Chicago Booth Accelerated Development Program (ADP) – India offers a powerful solution: maximum exposure to key business concepts and strategies in an intensive format over 10 months, with three academic in-class modules in Chicago Booth campuses in New Delhi, Hong Kong and Chicago, 3 workshops, 3 online foundation programs and several peer assisted learning exercises. The modular format means you can apply the new knowledge to the workplace in real time as the program progresses.
The Chicago Booth ADP actively leverages unique strengths of Chicago Booth in areas of strategy, leadership and finance. You will learn general management essentials from world-renowned faculty at one of the world’s most prestigious and highly acclaimed business schools.
Apart from becoming part of your own cohort community and building an enviable network, upon completion of the program, you will join the truly global Chicago Booth ADP Participants network.
This entitles you to:
- The Accelerated Development Program Certificate from the University of Chicago Booth School of Business Executive Education
- Inclusion in the ADP Participants network along with access to an online directory
- A Lifelong email forwarding address – this does not expire ever
- Access and invitations to all Chicago Booth-sponsored events, ADP reunions, conferences and seminars in India and in the South-East Asia region
- Access to select Chicago Booth online publications such as Capital Ideas, etc.
- Ability to join the Chicago Booth ADP Participants LinkedIn Group and the Chicago Booth Executive Education LinkedIn Group.
CHICAGO BOOTH RANKINGS
CHICAGO BOOTH ADVANTAGE
We are the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, the second-oldest business school in the world. Since 1898, we have produced ideas and leaders that shape the world of business. Our rigorous, discipline-based approach to business education transforms our students into confident, effective, respected business leaders prepared to face the toughest challenges.
IDEAS COMPETE, PEOPLE COLLABORATE
Consistently ranked among the top programs in the United States and worldwide, Executive Education at Chicago Booth is where intellectual rigor, engaged teaching, and cutting-edge research meet. We create and learn in an exhilarating climate of constructive discourse. Our executive participants have transformational experiences that turn them into more empowered, impactful leaders.
MAKE THE CHICAGO APPROACH™ YOUR OWN
INQUIRY. INSIGHT. IMPACT.
Three words that describe the power and outcomes of a distinctive way of learning, analyzing, and interacting. The way we generate, refine, and apply ideas sets Chicago Booth apart from other business schools and distinguishes our students for the entirety of their professional lives.
CONNECT WITH WORLD-CLASS FACULTY
Chicago Booth has one of the most highly-regarded faculty of any business school in the world. As part of the University of Chicago, which is home to an extraordinary 89 Nobel laureates, Chicago Booth currently has seven Nobel laureates on faculty. Accomplished teachers and active consultants, our faculty members offer a blend of academic excellence, rigorous scholarship, real-world relevance, and practical application to provide participants with unparalleled opportunities to expand their horizons.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This program is designed for executives who are responsible for key organizational activities and are keen to develop a wider general management perspective outside their traditional area of control and expertise. ADP participants represent a diverse range of industries, backgrounds, and nationalities, creating a dynamic environment for peer learning and sharing.
Program is suitable for professionals with:
- Significant experience and demonstrated career progression and success across levels, including
- CEO’s, Directors, Presidents, etc.
- CFO’s, Head of Finance, Head of Investments etc
- Leaders at Accounting and Auditing firms / partnerships
- Senior functional managers, business heads and Managers of managers
- Individuals with outstanding careers and leadership roles in a variety of settings
- A strong drive to succeed and aspirations for reaching beyond the obvious career milestones.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt, learn and apply new knowledge in varied situations.
- A minimum of 10 years of work experience in functional, technical, or business roles.
- A graduate degree with a strong academic track record.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
During Chicago Booth ADP – India, you will learn general management essentials from world-renowned faculty at one of the world’s most prestigious and highly acclaimed business schools. Participants also learn from each other. From the first session, you will have the opportunity to apply new concepts to your company’s challenges and then confer with the professors and your peers about the results at later sessions.
By attending this program, you will:
- Develop a comprehensive understanding and gain insight into the critical functional areas within a company.
- Learn how to manage across functional areas and lead cross-functional teams.
- Strengthen strategic decision-making skills and enhance strategic thinking.
- Build and learn to shape organizational culture and structures that create value.
- Network and establish long-term relationships with key executives from other organizations.
- Learn strategic tools and techniques to manage future growth.
- Position yourself to take on more strategic, general management roles.
- Gain greater self-awareness and understanding of how you work with others.
- Develop a personal leadership plan with the help of a professional coach.
CORE ACADEMIC MODULES
Accounting is often referred to as the ‘language of business.’ Learn how to use financial statements and accounting choices to evaluate a firm.
- Financial statement analysis, forecasting, and working capital management
- Revenue recognition, accounting choices, accruals, and cash flows
- Off-balance sheet financing, assets, and liabilities
- Net present value and discounted cash flow analysis
Learn how to make the best competitive decisions for your company based on concepts from microeconomics and game theory.
• Industry economics and profitability, game theory, and competitor analysis
• Factors affecting firm efficiency, competitiveness, and profitability
• Dynamics of price competition and how to shape it to your advantage
• Strategic decisions around market entry and competitive resources
A stimulating strategy drives business. Therefore, the ability to formulate strategy is probably the most important skill any executive can possess. This module will improve participant’s intuition about strategy and the confidence to predict future performance to maximize growth. This sessions is much more than a review of theories. Participants will generate real ideas that are immediately applicable to their particular situation.
• Understanding the vital difference between goals, strategy, and management: Which are easy and which are difficult?
• Separating business success into strategy, leadership, and luck: How to understand your role in each.
• The role of top management in setting strategy: What is the real challenge great strategists see?
• Collecting data to build your strategy: How to decide which data are useful among the many sources.
• Thinking like a strategist: How is it that great strategists develop their ideas?
• Great business success stories: How to understand the way executives influence outcomes with strategy.
• Focus as a growth strategy: Why financial markets value this approach.
• Understanding the limits of strategy: What to do when strategy is not able to help
• What you can do to improve your “strategy sense”, How to see strategy ideas all around you.
• Expert decision making: creating and evaluating alternative solutions.
Businesses don’t lead unless individuals lead. Leadership operates at many levels, including country, industry, business, product, and personal levels. In this session participant will look at a number of tools and skills to grow their existing business or lead a new venture off the ground. They will explore the knowledge, skill, and discipline that build leadership abilities and will learn to tell compelling stories that allow people to follow the direction they set.
- Recognize the leadership phases through which all companies progress and anticipate the hurdles that cause us to stumble.
- Develop the entrepreneurial mind-set in taking your business to the next level.
- Begin incorporating the characteristics of entrepreneurial leadership into your own leadership identity.
- Identify and fortify your personal combination of knowledge, skill, and discipline to enhance your leadership abilities and potential.
- Learn to build your social capital by building your network.
- Improve your ability to lead conversations and run high impact meetings.
- Practice and apply three story tools that will hone your skill and discipline in telling the right stories at the right time for the right reasons.
- Develop an action plan to continue to lead more effectively and to grow your personal leadership capabilities for the business
Develop a financial approach to managerial decision making, set within the context of a firm’s strategic objectives.
• Investment and financing decisions—tying finance to strategy of the firm
• Capital markets and the corporate manager
• Exploring capital structures, cost of capital, diversification, risk, capital budgeting, and acceptable ROI
• Diverse financial approaches, including methods of valuation
Sharpen comprehension of insights including M&A and risk management at a top level. Participants can leverage new knowledge and techniques to assess the desirability and value of investment projects, corporate assets, and acquisitions.
- Financing Pre-Deal risk analysis
- Overall capital structure design
- Choices among financial instruments to implement desired capital structure
- Restructuring and acquiring companies
Innovation can potentially benefit any firm in any industry. For some firms, innovation is a critical determinant of success. Learn how creativity and business innovation can be taught, practiced, and refined like other business processes.
Drawing on the latest research in the psychology of judgment and Decision Making Processes, you will learn how to negotiate hard with integrity, using the basic influence techniques used by professional negotiators. You will learn to recognize flaws in your negotiation and decision-making processes, develop frameworks for making sound decisions, and create a system to monitor, improve, and implement your skills.
You will learn techniques that will enhance your influence within your company and with your clients and vendors.
- Develop insights on how to make intuitive decisions.
- Learn strategies for analysis and preparing for negotiations.
- Learn techniques for Creating Value
- Know what information is needed to negotiate effective outcomes.
- Develop methods of achieving Goals in a Multiple‐issue Negotiation
- Assess decision-making skills and develop plans to improve performance.
- Analyze the sources of financial fragility
- Learn the components of effective risk management
Today’s challenging and complex business environment requires agility in execution and a deep understanding of human dynamics. In this module you will practice leadership agility, enhance your ability to read organizations, and hone your skills in strategy execution. You will apply the course material to an individual business challenge and create a strategic action plan to create and deliver value.
- Identify initiatives that create value.
- Manage across organizational boundaries.
- Structure your business to deliver more value.
- Develop a strategic action plan for delivering value.
CORE FOUNDATIONAL MODULES
Our partner, Northwest Education, shall provide and administer online foundational modules intended to prepare participants better for core academic modules. Following online modules will be delivered during the program:
This Financial Accounting module is an introduction to the fundamental concepts of financial accounting in a management context. The module teaches participants how accounting systems are used to record the day-to-day economic activities of a business. Participants learn fundamental accounting concepts and then apply those concepts in a detailed examination of the financial statements used to describe the business. Throughout the module, participants are presented with real-world challenges that require them to interpret the financial data to find answers.
This module provides a fundamental understanding of the principles, analytical tools, and knowledge needed to make good investment and financing decisions. The module introduces participants to finance ratios, forecasting methods, capital structure theory, and risk-return analysis and then asks them to apply these concepts in several different approaches to valuing a business.
This module provides participants with the skills and guided practice necessary to master important concepts in business communication. A special emphasis is placed on planning, writing, and presenting as students learn how to lead more effectively through well-organized and successfully-executed business communication strategies.
Our partner, Northwest Education, shall deliver workshops on contextual topics or a skillset that add an important dimension in your continued growth as a senior executive. Below is a list of workshops that will take place in between the academic modules:
This workshop will cover following key topics:
- Creating competitive advantage through operations (Case study discussion)
- Operations simulation
- Problem solving techniques
This workshop on driving corporate performance will focus on tools and techniques to measure and improve corporate performance, it would cover following topics:
- Measuring and driving corporate performance – The Balanced Scorecard approach
- Balanced Scorecard simulation
- Managing performance in portfolio companies for Corporate Groups and Private Equity investors
Data and analytics have climbed to the top of the corporate agenda. And as data-driven strategies take hold, they will become an increasingly important point of competitive differentiation. This workshop will focus on:
- Strategic marketing
- Business model canvas
- Data led decisions and use of Data Analytics
INDIA INNOVATION FORUM
As a program participant you will get exclusive access to India Innovation Forum (IIF). IIF is unique two day event organized by Northwest, which brings together prominent stakeholders in innovation ecosystem such as Entrepreneurs, VC and PE investors, thought leaders and corporate leaders who are pushing the envelope in the most impactful manner. To learn more about speakers, agenda and view pictures from IIF, please click here.
Core Chicago Booth Faculty. One Program. Three Global Locations.
Fiercely independent thinkers, our faculty members constantly test ideas – with colleagues in their field as well as those from other disciplines. They appreciate and seek out divergent perspectives because they recognize that open inquiry makes knowledge richer.
Our faculty engage you in a learning environment where the principal modes are discourse and discussion. They’ll ask you and your peers to take an active role in uncovering the ideas and facts that lead to new solutions.
Because of our dedication to academic inquiry and elevation of the idea, you’ll find faculty who are leaders in their areas of study and have the accolades to prove it. Top researchers, they are sought after to share their insights in the boardroom, courtroom, with the media, and in testimony before congress.
You’ll also find them approachable, willing to continue the dialogue and offer feedback. Program faculty, who you’ll be engaging with in- and outside the classroom, may include:
Philip G. Berger
Ronald S. Burt
Sociology & Strategy
Douglas J. Skinner
Ann L. McGill
Economics & Strategy
Behavioral Science and Marketing
Randall S. Kroszner
Once you have joined the Chicago Booth ADP – India, the next step is to plan your career growth roadmap. Early planning and committed execution is key to professional success, much like execution of your corporate and brand strategy at workplace.
Northwest career advancement services provides personalized support to all participants of its programs (except company sponsored participants) to help develop their career advancement strategy and guidance for its execution.
Northwest works closely with program participants through a multi-pronged approach to ensure that they are well prepared for their role of choice in specific industry and functional area of relevance to each participant. This is done through a dedicated senior industry mentor who acts as an executive coach and provides detailed feedback to participant on his/her profile, resume / CV and a constructive critique on career plans. The Executive Coach also guides the participant towards development of a specific plan to address the gaps as well as improve their performance at work place and in advancing their career, within or outside the organization.
The Coaching process is not necessarily aimed at immediate results but a carefully planned transformation that helps participants build on their strengths and improve on their development areas. Hence it is required that participants spend a significant time focusing on improving their profile and addressing gaps, as part of the program.
Guidance is provided on the nuances of a good resume as well as on a ready format for participants to use, to highlight their achievements. Our executive coach and Northwest team then works with the participants to develop / improve and maintain their profiles on active networks such as Linkedin.
Psychometric tests such as Specialized 360 Assessments, Strength Finder, MBTI, FIRO B, Birkman (as applicable to the program design and participant profiles) etc. are used to help participants understand their blind spots and areas for improvement. The participants are then often given one-on-one coaching to help create a roadmap for such improvement by the executive coach. Participants will also get pointers on body language, communication as well as presentation skills at various points during the program.
Participants work closely with Northwest team to identify the companies that provide a best fit with their aspirations and career advancement plan. Together with the Executive Coach, they chart out a path to create connect with the selected companies, by using the network of Northwest Founders, Faculty, Peers etc.
All ADP Participants shall be provided a life-time membership to BlueSteps – an online platform maintained by the Association of Executive Search Consultants (AESC) which has a current listing of active executive search mandates from member organizations from across the world. Over 350 executive search firms and a total of 8000 plus executive recruiters will get access to your profile for global roles via BlueSteps.
You are also provided access to a Northwest maintained Job Board which lists current mandates being processed by organizations within the extended Northwest network of supportive organizations in India and outside, as well as select external postings.
Besides the workshops and providing high quality resources to help improve the public profile, develop communication skills, overall presentation and body language; Northwest team and the Executive Coach also conducts one-on-one interview practice sessions with program participants, focused on the type of role, functional area and industry. This is to ensure that the participants are well prepared to present themselves and their strengths to prospective employers and highlight their fit with the role in a clear, unambiguous manner.
Chicago Booth Accelerated Development Program (ADP) follows a rolling admissions (first come, first serve) process and participant applications are evaluated as soon as they are received. The step-by-step process is outlined below.
|Round||Deadline Date||Application Fee|
|Round 2||Nov 12, 2016||USD 250|
- The early application and acceptance round increases your chances of acceptance in the program by 50%
- Considering the limited seats in the program and rolling admission process (first come – first serve), it is always more beneficial for candidates to apply as soon as possible.
- Your application can be placed on the waiting list. If you are not offered final admission for the current program, you might be offered a place in the next year’s program. In this case, your application fee will then be considered for the next year’s program.
- Application fee is refunded only in the case an applicant is not offered an admission to the program.
PROGRAM FEES AND FINANCING
The Program fee for Chicago Booth ADP – India is USD 25,000 inclusive of all taxes. It covers teaching fees, all academic materials, lunches and select dinners. The fee does not include transport expenses (domestic and international), any associated visa fees etc. and accommodation for modules and/or workshops in India, Hong Kong or Chicago. It also does not cover any other expenses that are not expressly mentioned above.
Financing the Program
You are responsible for full payments of fees as per the guidelines (provided upon admission) to ensure that you are part of the program. Typically we see participants adopt one of the three routes below for paying the program fees.
- Candidates can pay the entire fee through available funds/ savings
- There is no difference in terms of payment schedule and requirements, should the candidates fund their own candidacy.
- Financing by way of loans to pay the program fees and incidental costs is available to all participants through Credila (An HDFC Limited company) or Avanse (a DHFL Company) at competitive interest rates.
- Subject to Participant meeting certain norms, loans of up to Rs. 17 lakhs may be availed without any collateral requirement. Decisions on loan approval and collateral requirements will be taken by the financial institution disbursing the loan, at its sole discretion
Please note that applying for financing by way of loans in no way jeopardizes a participant’s admission evaluation. However, in order to ensure that your loan is disbursed on time, we suggest that all participants seeking loan financing meet the early application deadline .
- Companies can support the internal career advancement of their high potential senior executives by sponsoring them in the program.
- Companies interested in sponsoring their high potential senior executives and who want to learn more about the program should get in touch with Northwest at [email protected] to schedule a one-on-one discussion with a program advisor.
- Candidates must pay the fees directly and claim reimbursement from their employer. Northwest does not accept direct payments from companies at this point in time.
Chicago Booth has been offering executive education programs for several decades. These programs conform to the highest standards of quality and are taught by some of the best faculty in the world. Chicago Booth ADP promises the same elite experience to participants joining the program.
The video and testimonials here captures the experience of programs and participants in Chicago Booth ADP Programs, who are all taught by the same world class faculty and conducted on Chicago Booth’s global campuses.
“ The experience is intellectually stimulating, thought provoking, and at the same time, offers great practical application. I have expanded my network from meeting new people in ADP and had so much fun along the way!”
— Pam Jackson, Partner, PriceWaterhouseCoopers, UK
“ As well as being a world-class general management program taught by extraordinarily knowledgeable faculty, ADP is a fantastic networking opportunity. It’s a chance to create relationships with people you are less likely to otherwise meet; and to collaborate and share best practices with experienced leaders from a really interesting mix of industry and geographical backgrounds.”
— Carl Segerstrom, Global Talent Management, Merck & Co, Switzerland
WHO WE ARE
About University of Chicago
University of Chicago (UChicago) is a intellectual destination which attracts outstanding participants to its international campuses thereby enabling companies to deal with global challenges without difficulty.
UChicago is well known for its:
Transformative Education: The core curriculum at UChicago challenges the conventional thinking of the participants and encourages new ways of thinking leading to positive social impact.
Groundbreaking Research: UChicago is known for its research in the various fields from engineering, technology, medicine to business. Their research has had an impact around the globe, leading to such breakthroughs as discovering the link between cancer and genetics, establishing revolutionary theories of economics, and developing tools to produce reliably excellent urban schooling.
Commitment to enrich society: Being the second largest employer in Chicago, our reputed faculty, outstanding participants and staff encompass a dedicated team constantly working towards the purpose of the university.